I should study. Really…I am so behind with the reading materials. Story of my – educational – life. I am just really really not in the mood to study right now. But as every good student I have an excuse. My newest excuse is cooking and my beloved blog. I blame the Swedish advanced and environment friendly education system—> all my materials are online of course that sooner or later (sooner) I crash and switch the windows here.
Today’s recipe is super easy, really. You basically do not have to do anything but frying some bacon with onions, tasting and checking the oven.
You can check out the whole recipe in this prezi link, or just keep on reading here:)
What we need:
(for 2 people)
- 4 chicken fillets
- 5-6 spoons of sour creme
- 2 chopped garlic
- 5 dkg bacon – it is up to you how much you want actually
- 1/2 medium onion
- grated cheese
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
1) First preheat the oven to 160 Celcius. Heat pan over high heat. When it is hot enough (just wet your hand and flick some water at pan, the droplets should jump and sizzle into steam) add the bacon and stir it from time to time. When they start becoming lightly brownish add the chopped onion and garlic pieces, reduce the heat and stir it for another 2-3 minutes – avoid the onions to turn into brown. When it is done just take it off the cooktop.
2) Take a bowl, add the sour creme, the bacon with the onions and the spices. Mix it and taste it…add more spices if you want.
3) Get the ovenproof dish and grease it with 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Season both sides of the chicken fillets with salt and pepper and put them next to each other so they cover the bottom of the dish. Pour the sauce on it, make it cover the chicken fillets. Grate cheese on the top.
4) Place it into the oven for about 45 minutes. When the grated cheese starts to get golden brown and the sauce is bubbling, it’s done.
Hope you like it as much as We do!:)
So what you have to look out in my experiences:
– watch out for the onions, don’t let them burn/get brownish colour, so keep on stirring it.
– I think nothing else can be ruined here:)