Don’t you just hate to figure out what to have for dinner? Ever since I started this blog I am trying to make new kind of dishes, try out new recipes so I will have new posts, photos, reasons to write about and it makes (at least) me happy. It is good because I used to eat the same things when I was a child, avoided food in general apart from the 10-12 usual, well-known recipes. I started trying out new ones for 6-7 years now, so at least I have another reason to be creative. But. Here comes the but. Because of that, lately this is the two sentenced script in our sweet home:
Boyfriend: What are WE gonna eat?
Meaning: What are You going to make me?
(I am starting to think this blog was a mistake.)
So today is another easy toast recipe with a super fancy french name which I like. Croque Madame. So fancy.
What We need:
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices of ham
- 1 teaspoon of butter for the eggs
1) Pre heat the oven to grill mode. Put in the breads and let dry both sides of each for 2-2 minutes. While this is happening get a frying pan and heat up the butter on steady medium heat. When it is hot enough get the eggs and let them cook for a couple of minutes until the white parts start to get brownish by the side. If you like the yellow part to be more firmly cook it a bit longer and gently poke it with a fork to see how solid it is or simply turn it over.
3) Get them out again, put grated cheese and 2 slices of ham on 2 slides and put the other too on the top of those, buttered size down – make it a sandwich. (Hope you didn’t forget the eggs!)
4) Before you put them back into the oven put some grated cheese on the top of the sandwich too and grill it until cheese gets golden-brown.
5) Serve it with one eggs each sandwich.
Hope you like it as much as We do!:)
So what you have to look out in my experiences:
– the egg…well as you can see on the photo that’s not the prettiest ever:) I used a pancake pan and the egg white was discovering the entire pan. So use a normal flat pan.