These couple of weeks were crazy. We finished our course, left Sweden, moved back to Hungary and I literally didn’t have time nor patience to write a post. There is still so much to do…write a thesis, go back to Sweden to defend it, give back our apartment to the landlord, find a job… So yeah…my blog was the last thing I had time to care about.
Job hunting is a pain in the ass…truly…so I have to do something else in order to stay sane. I have to get out of the recruitment processes – which last for months…so annoying!!! – from time to time. I am not in the mood for cooking nor baking sadly, however when I checked my laptop I realized that I still have photos of recipes I haven’t posted yet. So even though I am not in the mood for kitchen-time, I can post the ones I made back in Sweden.
What we need:
- 400 g pasta (I chose colorful ones)
- tomato sauce
- feta cheese
- 4 garlic slices – chopped
- 1 big onion – halved and tiny sliced
- cherry tomatoes
- 250 g – bacon
- 2 spoons of olive oil
- grated cheese
- salt and bacon
- First slice and chop everything we need in advance. The onion, garlic, bacon, and cherry tomato.
- Start boiling the water for the pasta. Add the olive oil and the salt, and add the pasta to the boiled water, cook it for the amount of time the covers says, as long as it is “al dente”. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- While the above is happening start with the sauce. Get a frying pan and on medium heat start to fry the bacon. After 3-4 minutes – stir it from time to time – when it start getting crispy add the sliced onion and after another 3 minutes the garlic. Keep on stirring it and avoid burning.
- Now you can pour the tomato sauce, stir it together. Turn down the heat a bit and cook it for about 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper and grind the feta cheese into it too. Stir it carefully and taste it. Add more spices if needed.
- Get a big oven proof dish and pour half the pasta into it and half of the sauce, mix it and add some halfed cherry tomato. Mix it carefully and add the rest. Put some cherry tomato on the top and some grated cheese. Put it into the oven and bake it until the grated cheese get brownish colour approx. 15 minutes (for the last 5 minutes turn on the grill mode) .
Hope you like it as much as We do!:)
So what you have to look out in my experiences:
– When you start with the sauce, do not forget the pasta, check on it, because it only needs like 10 minutes to become perfect.
– Avoid the onion to get burned, turn down heat if necessary, and keep on stirring it and all together fry it max for 4-5 minutes and add the sauce after.